Building a Quality Custom Home
Energy Efficient Homes and Green Building Practices
Green that Makes Cents
At Star G Construction, we have always put a strong emphasis on building Energy Efficient Homes, and are proud to be building new homes that meet or exceed Energy Star requirements. More people than ever before are becoming interested in sustainable new homes. We all share a deep-seeded commitment to minimize environmental impact; a desire to save money on heating, air-conditioning, water and electricity; a desire for improved indoor air quality and to promote the health and safety of your family; and the largely accurate perception that such homes are simply built to a much higher standard of quality.
Star G Custom Home offers a Green Building Package which includes multiple options for a more energy efficient home. In addition to what comes standard, they also have the knowledge, skills and building materials to make your home as Green as you would like. Star G Construction Custom Homes takes a practical approach to green building and can help reduce your carbon footprint without spending all the “green” in your wallet.
- Radiant Barrier Roof decking and perforated soffit is standard on every roof system that we build. The radiate barrier decking reflects heat from the sun and the perforated soffit aids in re-circulating hot air out of the attic.
- Tank-less Water Heaters and Grey Water plumbing systems are energy efficient and help conserve precious water resources.
- Rain and grey water collection systems used for irrigation.
- By properly insulating the home and expertly balancing the HVAC system, Star G Custom Homes provides an energy efficient and comfortable living environment, for each homeowner.
Advantages of building an energy efficient home:
- ENGINEERED ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES promote a right-sized approach when addressing high-efficiency heating and cooling equipment. This means that if proper attention is paid to air and duct sealing, insulation, and energy-efficient windows, the size of a home’s heating and cooling equipment can often be decreased.
- Lower Utility Bills, since the house loses less heat in winter and absorbs less heat in summer.
- Lower Energy Consumption, by reducing the amount of conditioned air needed to cool your home.
- Fewer Maintenance Problems associated with heating and cooling equipment’s ability to run at its optimum level.
- A Quieter Home due to the elimination of an oversized HVAC unit continually cycling on and off.
- A More Consistent Comfort Level throughout the home, as the proper amount of conditioned air is distributed to each room.
- Healthier Home with Improved Indoor Air Quality, by reducing intake of dust, pollen, and other pollutants from your home’s unconditioned spaces.
- Less Fading of Draperies, Furniture, and Flooring from UV rays, as Low E Squared coatings can block up to 98% of UV rays.
Let Star G Construction give you a few reasons why we build you a superior energy efficient, more comfortable home.
TIGHT CONSTRUCTION / AIR INFILTRATION PACKAGE
- Foam sill sealer on all exterior plates and downstairs interior walls
- All furr downs, trusses and dead spaces blocked to attic and sealed
- Baffle each rafter for air flow and stabilized insulation
- Insulated tees and corners / advanced framing techniques
- ICC Sealed insulated type recess can lighting with fluorescent bulbs
- Green Team Caulk and Seal Package
- Each home tested for air leakage
ENERGY EFFICIENT AIR CONDITION EQUIPMENT
- HVAC is “Right Sized” for each home designed
- 16 SEER system
- Balanced system with ceiling returns in all major rooms
- Programmable Thermostats with dehumidification for moisture control
TIGHTLY SEALED DUCTS
- R-8 Mastic Sealed Duct System to Prevent Air Loss
- Sealed plenum to equipment and duct system
- Reduction of dust, pollutants and allergens from attic
- Foam Wall Insulation for Better Tightness
- Form an even seal around plumbing, wiring and exterior sheathing
- Eliminate voids, gaps and compression of bad insulation
- Solar reflection Radiant Barrier roof deck
- All ceiling changes blocked off w/12″ of plywood above top plate for true R-44 attic insulation
HIGH PERFORMANCE WINDOWS
- 366 Vinyl Low E Insulated glass for more protection from heat and cold
- Brick mold vinyl windows with cam locks for air tightness
- Drastic reduction of solar heat in the summer
- Filtering of UV rays which fades furniture and carpet
HIGH PERFORMANCE FEATURES
- Damper Controlled Fresh Air to One System
- Bath exhaust fans systems vented to outside
- Fresh air to fireplaces from outside